The Annotated Hobbit now available

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14 1:50 PM
      Posted for a friend and longtime Society member Phil Kaveny (Doug Anderson's
      a member too!):

      Annotated Hobbit
      Brand new edition(pristine)

      Okay folks I have them in my hand directly from the printer
      in perfect condition

      The Annotated Hobbit by Douglas Anderson

      Brand new edition
      Hardcover with dust jacket, pristine condition

      I will inspect every copy I ship out for
      perfection
      List Price: $28.00 ISBN: 0618134700
      Publisher Houghton Mifflin
      320 pages. Beautifully Illustrated

      This work represents the culmination of a decade of
      effort by perhaps one of the world's foremost and painstakingly
      accurate Tolkien scholars with the full co-operation
      and support of J.R. R. Tolkien's son Christopher Tolkien and
      the entire family enterprise.

      Here is what the publisher had to say about the item

      "Tolkien's beloved novel The Hobbit has deep roots in European folklore,
      mythology, and language. As a reader's introduction to Tolkien's
      Middle-earth, it contains references to the ancient history of this imaginary
      world which, though
      rarely explained, contribute greatly to the effect of Tolkien's art. This
      revised and expanded edition of The Annotated Hobbit unobtrusively and
      authoritatively
      illuminates the novel's antecedents and curiosities.

      "Douglas Anderson has also collected here wonderful illustrations from all
      over the world. The many new annotations in this edition reflect more than a
      decade's additional scholarship on the history and evolution of The Hobbit,
      and the annotations and illustrations are newly integrated with the core text
      in a
      handsome reader-friendly format. This edition also reproduces the fully
      corrected text of The Hobbit as J.R.R. Tolkien approved it before his death,
      in 1973. Anderson has
      compared every page from every major edition of The Hobbit with Tolkien's own
      last checking copy in the restoration work for this definitive edition."

      Lucky winner pays 5.20 shipping US priority or surface UPS we will ship
      internationally but it does cost more Hardcover with dust
      jacket pristine condition I will inspect every copy I ship
      out for perfection List Price: $28.00 ISBN: 0618134700
      Publisher Houghton Mifflin pages 320 pages. Beautifully
      Illustrated this work represents the culmination of a
      decade of effort by perhaps one the world
      foremost and painstakingly and accurate Tolkien scholars
      with the full co-operation and support of J.R. R. Tolkien's
      Son Christopher Tolkien and the entire family enterprise .
      I cannot and will not compete with Amazon But anybody
      who buys from me for 28.00 + 5.20 shipping US priority or
      surface UPS Gets a Free Lord of the Rings Book Mark Official
      Lord of The Rings Refrigerator Magnet & and Frodo
      Lives Button. I can ship Internationally Air US Mail Global
      priority for 9.00 and I do Take Pay-Pal

      Philip Kaveny
      HedgeHog&Otter
      BLG DO2 Suite 317