Tolkien sounds

  • odzer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2002
      I went to check here, http://village.vossnet.co.uk/h/hpttrsn/jrrt_int.htm,
      seeming to remember that the radio interviewer says Tolkien's name while in
      his presence, but it was spoken at a different time than the actual
      interview, so this contains no definitive answer. But we can hear how the
      professor pronounces "dénouement".

      Humm, TOLK-in, yes, Joan, his son would likely know how to say his own family
      name! I shall now endeavor to remember to pronounce it that way too.

      John
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2002
        Was watching the DVD "extras" last night, and Rayner Unwin pronounced it more
        like TALL-keen.

        What's a person to do,

        Diamond Proudbrook