Tolkien article

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
      A slightly naughty, but amusing, introductory article on Tolkien by the
      always-entertaining Dave Langford:
    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
        In a message dated 8/13/2002 5:39:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        dbratman@... writes:

        > A slightly naughty, but amusing, introductory article on Tolkien by the
        > always-entertaining Dave Langford:

        David, is there a link for this? It doesn't seem to have made it into your
        post . . . .

        Thanks!

        Susan

      • David S. Bratman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2002
          Sorry, here's another attempt to post the link to the Langford article:

          http://www.ansible.demon.co.uk/writing/sfx/tolkien.html

          Warning, there are a couple of Naughty Words herein.

          Also, here is Langford's list of 20 great sf/fantasy books, including more
          than a few worthy and familiar titles:

          http://www.ansible.demon.co.uk/writing/sfx/top20fsf.html

          >In a message dated 8/13/2002 5:39:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          >dbratman@... writes:
          >

          > > A slightly naughty, but amusing, introductory article on Tolkien by the
          > > always-entertaining Dave Langford:

          - David Bratman
        • michael_martinez2
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2002
            > Sorry, here's another attempt to post the link to the Langford
            article:

            > http://www.ansible.demon.co.uk/writing/sfx/tolkien.html
            >
            > Warning, there are a couple of Naughty Words herein.

            Interesting review of the career of Tolkien, but the dating is a bit
            off in places.

            I do like the "many rave reviews" line. Very cute.

            Shame the Hugo Dyson anecdote has been trimmed down.
          • Ted Sherman
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2004
              Many of you will appreciate this article:

              http://www.godspy.com/faith/The-Passion-According-to-Tolkien.cfm

              Ted