Re: [mythsoc] Oops!

  • juliet@firinn.org
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 11, 2002
      On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 12:27:46PM -0500, Joan Marie Verba wrote:
      > ckostyn wrote:
      >
      > > On the website http://www.lordoftherings.net/ I found mention of both
      > > extended version (4-cd set) and collectors edition(5 cds- includes the
      > > National Geographic DVD "Beyond the Movie").
      >
      > I'm going to have to take notes in preparation for November!
      >
      > So, let's see, what I am going to look for then is:
      >
      > The Collectors Edition in full screen format.
      >
      > Yes?

      No...I think you said you wanted letterbox, right? "Full screen" is
      the opposite of that. "Wide screen" is synonymous with letterbox.
      "Full screen" means "sized to fit your TV screen", not "showing the
      full screen used in the movie theater".
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 11, 2002
        juliet@... wrote:

        > No...I think you said you wanted letterbox, right? "Full screen" is
        > the opposite of that. "Wide screen" is synonymous with letterbox.
        > "Full screen" means "sized to fit your TV screen", not "showing the
        > full screen used in the movie theater".

        Okay, got it on my calendar.

        Thanks!
        Joan