Re: Secret Diaries of Cassandra Claire

  • michael_martinez2
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
      > These are very amusing in their perverse way. I am not sure
      whether to be
      > relieved or dismayed that the author seems to prefer the movie to
      the book
      > as the canonical source.

      I think Cassandra was interviewed on one of the Tolkien Web sites
      earlier this year. (I'm just full of all sorts of helpful little
      half-memories today!)

      The movies have definitely inspired a great number of Web sites and
      fan accolades. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

      The slash connotations were, in my opinion, inevitable, given that
      pretty much every television show or movie since STAR TREK seems to
      have been subjected to similar treatment.