Re: [mythsoc] Secret Diaries of Cassandra Claire

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5 2:54 PM
      These are very amusing in their perverse way. I am not sure whether to be
      relieved or dismayed that the author seems to prefer the movie to the book
      as the canonical source.

      David Bratman

      At 09:50 AM 8/5/2002 , Joan wrote:
      >I was told of these at a Diversicon JRRT panel, so I looked them up:
      >
      >http://home.nyu.edu/~amw243/diaries
      >
      >Hilarious! (Bad for an asthmatic to read; I nearly ran out of breath
      >laughing.)
      >
      >Warning: DO NOT read these if slash bothers you. (The author humorously
      >presumes that the characters are lusting after each other, and some of
      >the language is explicit.)
    • michael_martinez2
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7 3:05 PM
        > These are very amusing in their perverse way. I am not sure
        whether to be
        > relieved or dismayed that the author seems to prefer the movie to
        the book
        > as the canonical source.

        I think Cassandra was interviewed on one of the Tolkien Web sites
        earlier this year. (I'm just full of all sorts of helpful little
        half-memories today!)

        The movies have definitely inspired a great number of Web sites and
        fan accolades. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

        The slash connotations were, in my opinion, inevitable, given that
        pretty much every television show or movie since STAR TREK seems to
        have been subjected to similar treatment.