Secret Diaries of Cassandra Claire

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
      I was told of these at a Diversicon JRRT panel, so I looked them up:

      http://home.nyu.edu/~amw243/diaries

      Hilarious! (Bad for an asthmatic to read; I nearly ran out of breath
      laughing.)

      Warning: DO NOT read these if slash bothers you. (The author humorously
      presumes that the characters are lusting after each other, and some of
      the language is explicit.)

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
        These are very amusing in their perverse way. I am not sure whether to be
        relieved or dismayed that the author seems to prefer the movie to the book
        as the canonical source.

        David Bratman

        At 09:50 AM 8/5/2002 , Joan wrote:
        >I was told of these at a Diversicon JRRT panel, so I looked them up:
        >
        >http://home.nyu.edu/~amw243/diaries
        >
        >Hilarious! (Bad for an asthmatic to read; I nearly ran out of breath
        >laughing.)
        >
        >Warning: DO NOT read these if slash bothers you. (The author humorously
        >presumes that the characters are lusting after each other, and some of
        >the language is explicit.)
      • michael_martinez2
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
          > These are very amusing in their perverse way. I am not sure
          whether to be
          > relieved or dismayed that the author seems to prefer the movie to
          the book
          > as the canonical source.

          I think Cassandra was interviewed on one of the Tolkien Web sites
          earlier this year. (I'm just full of all sorts of helpful little
          half-memories today!)

          The movies have definitely inspired a great number of Web sites and
          fan accolades. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

          The slash connotations were, in my opinion, inevitable, given that
          pretty much every television show or movie since STAR TREK seems to
          have been subjected to similar treatment.