The Whispering Mountain by Joan Aiken

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2002
      I'm plunged happily into this book, which I secured at the Mythcon Auction
      after many years of missing it (used to get it from the pub lib before we
      moved). To me it's the best among her quirky children's stories.

      For anyone who liked HARRY POTTER, or their children who liked HARRY POTTER,
      I would think this would be an excellent follow-up.

      I'm also delighted to see that it forms part of a series, Starscape, which is
      apptly bringing out a lot of wonderful fantasy for young readers in modestly
      priced paperback. <A HREF="http://www.starscape.com">http://www.starscapebooks.com</A> Thank you, Tor Books!

      Diamond Proudbrook