Aslan meets Shrek. SHREK????!!!

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      Walden Media has signed director Andrew
      Adamson (Shrek) to helm the first live action feature film adaptation
      of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. [...]

      "As we've seen with 'Lord of the Rings' and
      'Harry Potter,' bringing to the screen a literary fantasy classic,
      beloved by millions of readers, requires both a reverence for the
      original material and a rich imagination to create a realistic
      fictional world," offered Cary Granat,
      chief executive officer of Walden Media. "Andrew Adamson knows better
      than anyone how to create magic on-screen and tell a story which
      touches the heart of an audience. His expertise in visual effects,
      animation and live action will be critical to a fantasy work of this
      magnitude."

      "Narnia was such a vivid and real world to
      me as a child, as it is to millions of other fans. I share Walden's
      excitement in giving those fans an epic theatrical experience worthy
      of their imaginations, and driving a new generation toward the works
      of C.S. Lewis," offered Adamson. "Making a film that crosses
      generations is a far easier task when the source material resonates
      such themes as truth, loyalty and belief in something greater than
      yourself." [...]

      [27.07.2002] CS! meldet...
      According to Variety, writer Ann Peacock
      will pen Walden Media's feature adaptation of C.S. Lewis' The Lion,
      the Witch and the Wardrobe. [...]