Vinyar Tengwar 44 (was Re: _Vinyar Tengwar_ 43)

  • michael_martinez2
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 7:43 PM
      --- In mythsoc@y..., "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@e...> wrote:
      > _Vinyar Tengwar_ 43 has been published.
      >
      > This 40-page issue features the first part (of two) of a
      > presentation and analysis of five hitherto unpublished Quenya texts
      > by J.R.R. Tolkien, being his translations of five Catholic prayers:
      > the _Pater Noster_, the _Ave Maria_, the _Gloria Patri_, the _Sub
      > Tuum Praesidium_, and the Litany of Loreto. The first three of
      > these are presented in this issue, and the last two will be
      > presented in the next issue. All five texts have been edited by
      > Patrick Wynne, Arden R. Smith, and Carl F. Hostetter, and are now
      > published with the kind permission of the Tolkien Estate.
      >
      > For more information, visit: http://www.elvish.org/VT/

      Well, I was in court on January 29 and quite preoccupied with other
      issues that week, so I missed this announcement completely.

      Still, I noticed tonight that Vinyar Tengwar 44 has also been
      published, and there has been no announcement from Carl (at least, I
      cannot find one in the archive).

      I don't mean anything bad by this, but 2002 appears to be a ground-
      breaking year for Vinyar Tengwar, which hasn't published more than 1
      issue per annum for at least a couple of years.

      I suppose I'll have to buy these issues myself, though I don't go in
      for the linguistic stuff.