Tom Shippey, Douglas Anderson, and Ted Nasmith convention appearances

  • michael_martinez2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2002
      I didn't make notes when I saw their names come up the other day, and
      now that I'm at work I have to keep my Web surfing to a minimum.

      However, Tom Shippey is listed as a guest for Dragoncon 2002:

      http://www.dragoncon.org/

      Douglas Anderson is also, I believe, going to be there (or possibly
      at another large convention -- I cannot check right now and will
      probably forget to do so when I get home).

      Dragoncon will be held the weekend of August 29 - September 2 in
      Atlanta, GA. It's the largest fan-run science fiction and fantasy
      convention in North America.

      The Tolkien and Middle-earth track is now under the direction of
      Jincey Chambless, who assisted me for the first two years.

      I have not been planning to attend Dragoncon this year, but I've been
      given some recent consideration to the idea.

      I do plan to visit Crescent City Con in Metaire/New Orleans. Ted
      Nasmith will be there (and Mercedes Lackey will be making a rare
      appearance, too). Crescent City Con will be held the weekend of
      August 9 - 11.

      You can learn more about Crescent Con at their Web site:

      http://fatsnake.com/ccc/

      Some of their scheduled guests will not be there, but it's closer to
      where I live than Atlanta, and I've been to Dragoncon. :)