Tolkien inspired Led Zepplin music?

  • odzer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2002
      >Apart from "The Road
      >Goes Ever On" and a few rock songs

      Here is a link to an amusing site dedicated entirely to the influence of
      Tolkien on the (legendary) rock band "Led Zepplin", which includes detailed
      analysis of several of their songs. I had thought when I first went to look
      it would be parody, but discovered that the site takes itself very seriously!
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2406/index.html

      Rock on, my fellow myth-ers!

      John
    • Croft, Janet B
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2002
        What! Stairway to Heaven not Tolkien-related? I can't believe it, man!

        Janet

        Here is a link to an amusing site dedicated entirely to the influence of

        Tolkien on the (legendary) rock band "Led Zepplin", which includes detailed
        analysis of several of their songs. I had thought when I first went to look
        it would be parody, but discovered that the site takes itself very
        seriously!
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2406/index.html
        <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2406/index.html>

        Rock on, my fellow myth-ers!

        John

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229614.2165306.3618877.2052423/D=egroupweb/S=17050202
        27:HM/A=1120197/R=0/*http://www.iuniverse.com/publish/default.asp?idy=1>

        <http://www.mythsoc.org>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • David Westlake
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2002
          Yeah, I don't think stair way to heaven is inspired but I do know that
          Ramble On, Misty Mountain Hop, and Battle for Evermore have inspiration from
          the works.

          Any other references out there?

          David W.