Re: [mythsoc] The first mention of Tolkien in a fiction

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2002
      Wendell -

      That's very interesting.

      I presume the quote is not too long: would it be possible for you to give
      it to us, with enough context (quoted or paraphrased) to make it clear why
      the character is quoting _The Hobbit_?

      David Bratman

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2002
        I'll ask Mimi Stevens to send me the quote from _The Invisible Island_.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2002
          In a message dated 6/25/2002 1:09:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          dbratman@... writes:

          > I presume the quote is not too long: would it be possible for you to give
          > it to us, with enough context (quoted or paraphrased) to make it clear why
          > the character is quoting _The Hobbit_?

          I E-mailed Mimi to ask her to give me the quote and some context. She rose
          from her sick bed to reply as follows: