Re: Who's the sexiest guy in Middle-earth?

  • THEODORE SHERMAN
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
      The Thirteenth Warrior is an adaptation of Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead,
      which itself is an adaptation of Beowulf.

      I won't comment on the sexiest men/women of TLOR.

      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > From: Stolzi@...
      >
      > Personally I think Aragorn is too old, too grim, too wrapped up with notions
      > of State and his own grandeur... Eomer is, let's face it, a bit of a
      > barbarian... I'd take Faramir every time. Or Sam, if I were a lot shorter :)
      >
      > But then, is cutting in on the Fighting Lady of Rohan really a wise thing to
      > do? :)
      >
      > Speaking of barbarians, Mythies may wish to take a look at the reviews of
      > Antonio Banderas' new film THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.
      >
      > Mary S

      > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
      > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

      Prof. Theodore James Sherman
      6545 Dynasty Drive
      Murfreesboro, TN 37128
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
        Gandalf, no question. (Well, SOME of the Maiar married!)

        Joan

        Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
        List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
      • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
          In a message dated 08/27/1999 1:01:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
          verba001@... writes:

          > Gandalf, no question.

          Oh, but Joan, that pipeweed smell all over him! ;)

          Mary S
        • Joan Marie Verba
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999

            Mary wrote:

            >Oh, but Joan, that pipeweed smell all over him! ;)

            Hmmm...you're right, it sort of slipped my mind that Gandalf's a smoker.

            Joan

            Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
            List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
          • THEODORE SHERMAN
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
              Oh, but who in Middle-earth doesn't smoke. Aragorn does; Faramir may not.

              How 'bout Ghan Buri Ghan? At least he's honest and doesn't play games, not
              like many of the others (said tongue-in-cheek). ;)

              Ted

            • Stolzi@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 1999
                In a message dated 08/27/1999 9:03:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
                tedsherman@... writes:

                > How 'bout Ghan Buri Ghan?

                Suspect that whatever GbG smells of, it's worse than tobacco :)

                Still, girls, if you want the strong-but-silent type...

                Mary S