Re: Who's the sexiest guy in Middle-earth?

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
      Personally I think Aragorn is too old, too grim, too wrapped up with notions
      of State and his own grandeur... Eomer is, let's face it, a bit of a
      barbarian... I'd take Faramir every time. Or Sam, if I were a lot shorter :)

      But then, is cutting in on the Fighting Lady of Rohan really a wise thing to
      do? :)

      Speaking of barbarians, Mythies may wish to take a look at the reviews of
      Antonio Banderas' new film THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.

      Mary S
    • THEODORE SHERMAN
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
        The Thirteenth Warrior is an adaptation of Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead,
        which itself is an adaptation of Beowulf.

        I won't comment on the sexiest men/women of TLOR.

        Stolzi@... wrote:

        > From: Stolzi@...
        >
        > Personally I think Aragorn is too old, too grim, too wrapped up with notions
        > of State and his own grandeur... Eomer is, let's face it, a bit of a
        > barbarian... I'd take Faramir every time. Or Sam, if I were a lot shorter :)
        >
        > But then, is cutting in on the Fighting Lady of Rohan really a wise thing to
        > do? :)
        >
        > Speaking of barbarians, Mythies may wish to take a look at the reviews of
        > Antonio Banderas' new film THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.
        >
        > Mary S

        > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
        > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

        Prof. Theodore James Sherman
        6545 Dynasty Drive
        Murfreesboro, TN 37128
      • Joan Marie Verba
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
          Gandalf, no question. (Well, SOME of the Maiar married!)

          Joan

          Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
          List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
        • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
            In a message dated 08/27/1999 1:01:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
            verba001@... writes:

            > Gandalf, no question.

            Oh, but Joan, that pipeweed smell all over him! ;)

            Mary S
          • Joan Marie Verba
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999

              Mary wrote:

              >Oh, but Joan, that pipeweed smell all over him! ;)

              Hmmm...you're right, it sort of slipped my mind that Gandalf's a smoker.

              Joan

              Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
              List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
            • THEODORE SHERMAN
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
                Oh, but who in Middle-earth doesn't smoke. Aragorn does; Faramir may not.

                How 'bout Ghan Buri Ghan? At least he's honest and doesn't play games, not
                like many of the others (said tongue-in-cheek). ;)

                Ted

              • Stolzi@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 28, 1999
                  In a message dated 08/27/1999 9:03:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
                  tedsherman@... writes:

                  > How 'bout Ghan Buri Ghan?

                  Suspect that whatever GbG smells of, it's worse than tobacco :)

                  Still, girls, if you want the strong-but-silent type...

                  Mary S