Who's the sexiest guy in Middle-earth?

  • mary dickerson
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
      Greetings, fellow mythlisters!

      My name is Mary, and this is the first message I've ever posted on a
      listserv. So.

      I'm conducting a poll on the following question: If you could be
      romantically involved with any character from Tolkien, who would it be? Guy
      or lady, doesn't matter. If I get any results I'll post them.
    • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
        Personally I think Aragorn is too old, too grim, too wrapped up with notions
        of State and his own grandeur... Eomer is, let's face it, a bit of a
        barbarian... I'd take Faramir every time. Or Sam, if I were a lot shorter :)

        But then, is cutting in on the Fighting Lady of Rohan really a wise thing to
        do? :)

        Speaking of barbarians, Mythies may wish to take a look at the reviews of
        Antonio Banderas' new film THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.

        Mary S
      • THEODORE SHERMAN
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
          The Thirteenth Warrior is an adaptation of Michael Crichton's Eaters of the Dead,
          which itself is an adaptation of Beowulf.

          I won't comment on the sexiest men/women of TLOR.

          Stolzi@... wrote:

          > From: Stolzi@...
          >
          > Personally I think Aragorn is too old, too grim, too wrapped up with notions
          > of State and his own grandeur... Eomer is, let's face it, a bit of a
          > barbarian... I'd take Faramir every time. Or Sam, if I were a lot shorter :)
          >
          > But then, is cutting in on the Fighting Lady of Rohan really a wise thing to
          > do? :)
          >
          > Speaking of barbarians, Mythies may wish to take a look at the reviews of
          > Antonio Banderas' new film THE THIRTEENTH WARRIOR.
          >
          > Mary S

          > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
          > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

          Prof. Theodore James Sherman
          6545 Dynasty Drive
          Murfreesboro, TN 37128
        • Diane Baker
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
            mary dickerson wrote:

            > From: "mary dickerson" <maryd9@...>
            >
            > Greetings, fellow mythlisters!
            >
            > My name is Mary, and this is the first message I've ever posted on a
            > listserv. So.
            >
            > I'm conducting a poll on the following question: If you could be
            > romantically involved with any character from Tolkien, who would it be? Guy
            > or lady, doesn't matter. If I get any results I'll post them.

            Oh, gee, so many! Aragorn, Eomir, Faramir . . . . I would also admire
            the faithfulness of Sam, though I suspect hobbits have romantic
            qualities only to other hobbits. ---djb.
          • Joan Marie Verba
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
              Gandalf, no question. (Well, SOME of the Maiar married!)

              Joan

              Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
              List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
            • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
                In a message dated 08/27/1999 1:01:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
                verba001@... writes:

                > Gandalf, no question.

                Oh, but Joan, that pipeweed smell all over him! ;)

                Mary S
              • Joan Marie Verba
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999

                  Mary wrote:

                  >Oh, but Joan, that pipeweed smell all over him! ;)

                  Hmmm...you're right, it sort of slipped my mind that Gandalf's a smoker.

                  Joan

                  Joan Marie Verba verba001@...
                  List administrator for DocEx, MythSoc, MNSCBWI, and MNSCREENW lists
                • THEODORE SHERMAN
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 27, 1999
                    Oh, but who in Middle-earth doesn't smoke. Aragorn does; Faramir may not.

                    How 'bout Ghan Buri Ghan? At least he's honest and doesn't play games, not
                    like many of the others (said tongue-in-cheek). ;)

                    Ted

                  • Stolzi@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 28, 1999
                      In a message dated 08/27/1999 9:03:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
                      tedsherman@... writes:

                      > How 'bout Ghan Buri Ghan?

                      Suspect that whatever GbG smells of, it's worse than tobacco :)

                      Still, girls, if you want the strong-but-silent type...

                      Mary S