Re: 1998 books

  • Staci Dumoski
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 6, 1999
      On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Diane Baker wrote:

      > I'd like to see that article. I take it I can get it from your online
      > address?

      Yes, it's available at http://www.nocturne.org/phantastes (along with a
      number of other articles on fantasy lit).

      Best,
      Staci Dumoski
    • Diane Baker
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 1999

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 1999
          Staci Dumoski wrote:

          > From: Staci Dumoski <unicorn@...>
          >
          > I hope I won't be accused of self-promotion here, but the ezine I publish,
          > Phantastes (which many of you will probably find interesting), includes an
          > article by Victoria Strauss, author of _The Arm of the Stone_, on the
          > subject of world building. I enjoyed the novel very much, and the
          > article gives some really interesting insight into the writing process.
          >
          > Best,
          > Staci
          >
          > *** *** ***
          > Staci Dumoski unicorn@...
          > Editor, Phantastes http://www.nocturne.org/phantastes
          > The Online Journal of Fantasy Criticism
          >
          >I'd like to pay you a compliment on your online 'zine. It's got some great stuff; esp. enjoyed the Victoria Strauss article, and the books on world-building---two of which I already own.

          Maybe you can help me: I'm looking for some material on magical rules
          and systems. I don't necessarily want spells or original sources (a la
          Dion Fortune) but articles on how to design a good magical system. Any
          pointers? Have already checked out the *Encyclopedia of Fantasy* by
          Clute and Co. Interesting, but I really want a copy of the whole
          encyclopedia, and can't afford it just now! My library doesn't have a
          copy, so can't Xerox or take notes. Thanks. ---djb.