Re: Book notice of some interest

  • michael_martinez2
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2002
      --- In mythsoc@y..., Stolzi@a... wrote:
      > The Seeing Stone
      > Kevin Crossley-Holland
      > Illustrated by David Klein
      > $17.95 342 pages Hardcover Usually ships within 24 hours

      I have not read this book, but if this is the same Kevin Crossley-
      Holland who translated The Norse Myths, I must say his work in
      ancient northern mythology and folklore is excellent. His writing
      style is smooth and very fluid, although I don't know what his
      fiction is like.

      Here are a selection of KCH books at Barnes and Noble (I have not
      included any affiliate links):

      http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?
      WRD=kevin+crossley%2Dholland&userid=1BIX1EOBV7

      He is a MUST READ, in my opinion, for anyone who is interested in
      J.R.R. Tolkien's Norse influences. And you'll see that he has also
      published some Anglo-Saxon works, incluing a translation of "Beowulf"
      and an anthropological book on the Anglo-Saxon world.

      I am surprised to find his books so accessible. A few years ago,
      when my copy of THE NORSE MYTHS was damaged (in fact, I feared it was
      lost), I tried to find another copy of it and could not.