Fishing in Middle-earth

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2002
      OK, this has to be unique...FYI

      "Middle Earth Flies is a site dedicated to the Art of Fly tying and
      fishing
      in Tolkien's Middle Earth. Topics include: A Middle Earth Angling
      guide, Fly Book, Fishing Journal and FAQ. Drop by and take a look if
      you have
      a chance.

      Kent Krumvieda
      www.dreamborn.com"

      Edith
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2002
        Went to his site. He actually is a fly fisherman who makes flys. This is a
        wonderful imaginative offshoot of his hobby. The Fishing Guide is a work in
        progress, using Tolkien's notes, and all the Books of course. If you are into
        fishing, you should check it out and brainstorm with him. And while you're at
        it, check out his flys, they look real good.

        Oh, He really lives on Hobbit Lane.

        Mythically yours,
        Lisa

        Edith Crowe wrote:

        > OK, this has to be unique...FYI
        >
        > "Middle Earth Flies is a site dedicated to the Art of Fly tying and
        > fishing
        > in Tolkien's Middle Earth. Topics include: A Middle Earth Angling
        > guide, Fly Book, Fishing Journal and FAQ. Drop by and take a look if
        > you have
        > a chance.
        >
        > Kent Krumvieda
        > www.dreamborn.com"
      • michael_martinez2
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2002
          Most of the information seems to be accurate, but he's got some names
          thrown in there which I don't recognize. I am traveling right now
          and cannot do any research, but I suspect he is mixing in non-
          canonical data with canonical data.