Re: What is "Mythopoeic"?

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 19, 1999
      In a message dated 8/19/99 6:42:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      tedsherman@... writes:

      > Has Diana published this in Mythlore or anywhere else???

      At least two of her talks at Mythcon have been about this. She spoke about
      the overall theory and how it applied to Lewis at the 1992 Mythcon. It was a
      summary of her Ph.D. thesis. She spoke at the 1998 Mythcon about Joy
      Davidman's influence on _Till We Have Faces_. The 1992 talk is in the
      Proceedings of the Tolkien Centenary. You'll have to ask her if she's
      published anything else about this.

      I suggested to her at the 1992 Mythcon that she should write a definitive
      book on the subject of influence. This makes me, I guess, sort of the
      co-author of the book when it comes out. Well, I've prepared my acceptance
      speech for when the book wins the Mythopoeic Scholarship Award. Ahem, on
      behalf of my co-author and myself, I'd like to thank the members of the
      Academy . . . I mean, the Society . . .