Mythcon update

  • yarrowp
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2002
      Dear Friends,

      I apologize for the lack of information on the upcoming conference.
      I've had some pressing health issues which I sincerely hope will be
      resolved by the end of June. Thank you all for bearing with me.

      There's some important news. The Legacy of The Lord of the Rings, a
      60 minute documentary produced by Dan Timmons, will be premiered at
      Mythcon 33. Many people from the Mythopoeic Society are featured in
      the documentary, and some of the footage was shot at last year's
      Mythcon. You can find more information about Dan's documentary at
      http://www.scriptsandscribes.com/projTV.htm .

      We have a great slate of papers, some from first time Mythcon
      attendees, thanks to our papers coordinator, Janet Brennan Croft.

      We now have prices for the plays. The Saturday night production of A
      Midsummer Night's Dream will be at the group rate of $27 per ticket.
      If you reserved the Coming of Age package, a ticket to AMND is
      included; otherwise, you will need to contact the committee to
      reserve seats.

      If we can get at least 10 people who are interested in attending the
      other productions, we can get the group rates. The schedule is:
      _____ Macbeth - $28 ($23 if group) Thursday evening
      _____ Richard III - $32 (27 if group) Friday Evening
      _____ Midsummer Night's Dream - $27 group rate Saturday
      evening
      _____ Shakespeare in Briefs $28 ($23 if group) Sunday matinee
      _____ Benjamin Britten's Midsummer Night's Dream (from $42)
      Sunday matinee at the Central City Opera, Central City,
      Colorado

      There's still time to register for Mythcon before the rates go up
      June 1. The current rates for registration are $65 for Mythopoeic
      Society members, $75 for non-members, $45 for students 12-18 or over
      18 with ID (under 12 free registration but regular rates for hotel
      and meals).

      Hotel only, per person, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights:
      (Limit of 4 persons per room): $250 each (single occupancy),$130 each
      (double), $75 each (triple) or $70 each (quadruple occupancy). The
      hotel is air conditioned and accessible; 77% of the rooms are non-
      smoking.

      Meal plan: $95/person - includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast,
      lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch, Monday breakfast

      Sunday Banquet Tickets are separate - $40/person

      Reservations should go to:
      Mythcon XXXIII, Linda Bachman, 2435 South Franklin Street, Denver, CO
      80210

      We need volunteers. Contact me directly to get involved.

      For more information: Mythcon33@... or Mythcon33-
      owner@yahoogroups.com or email me at yarrowp@...

      Pat Yarrow
    • tedsherman@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2002
        Pat,

        What will the rates be after June 1 (I'm putting together the Con
        announcement for the next Mythlore and need this information).

        Ted
        ------------------------------
        Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
        Mythopoeic Literature
        Associate Professor of English
        Murfreesboro, TN 37132
        615 898-2653 Office
        615 898-5098 FAX
        tsherman@... Office
        tedsherman@... Home

        > I apologize for the lack of information on the upcoming conference.
        > I've had some pressing health issues which I sincerely hope will be
        > resolved by the end of June. Thank you all for bearing with me.
        >
        > There's some important news. The Legacy of The Lord of the Rings, a
        > 60 minute documentary produced by Dan Timmons, will be premiered at
        > Mythcon 33. Many people from the Mythopoeic Society are featured in
        > the documentary, and some of the footage was shot at last year's
        > Mythcon. You can find more information about Dan's documentary at
        > http://www.scriptsandscribes.com/projTV.htm .
        >
        > We have a great slate of papers, some from first time Mythcon
        > attendees, thanks to our papers coordinator, Janet Brennan Croft.
        >
        > We now have prices for the plays. The Saturday night production of A
        > Midsummer Night's Dream will be at the group rate of $27 per ticket.
        > If you reserved the Coming of Age package, a ticket to AMND is
        > included; otherwise, you will need to contact the committee to
        > reserve seats.
        >
        > If we can get at least 10 people who are interested in attending the
        > other productions, we can get the group rates. The schedule is:
        > _____ Macbeth - $28 ($23 if group) Thursday evening
        > _____ Richard III - $32 (27 if group) Friday Evening
        > _____ Midsummer Night's Dream - $27 group rate Saturday
        > evening
        > _____ Shakespeare in Briefs $28 ($23 if group) Sunday matinee
        > _____ Benjamin Britten's Midsummer Night's Dream (from $42)
        > Sunday matinee at the Central City Opera, Central City,
        > Colorado
        >
        > There's still time to register for Mythcon before the rates go up
        > June 1. The current rates for registration are $65 for Mythopoeic
        > Society members, $75 for non-members, $45 for students 12-18 or over
        > 18 with ID (under 12 free registration but regular rates for hotel
        > and meals).
        >
        > Hotel only, per person, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights:
        > (Limit of 4 persons per room): $250 each (single occupancy),$130 each
        > (double), $75 each (triple) or $70 each (quadruple occupancy). The
        > hotel is air conditioned and accessible; 77% of the rooms are non-
        > smoking.
        >
        > Meal plan: $95/person - includes Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast,
        > lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast and lunch, Monday breakfast
        >
        > Sunday Banquet Tickets are separate - $40/person
        >
        > Reservations should go to:
        > Mythcon XXXIII, Linda Bachman, 2435 South Franklin Street, Denver, CO
        > 80210
        >
        > We need volunteers. Contact me directly to get involved.
        >
        > For more information: Mythcon33@... or Mythcon33-
        > owner@yahoogroups.com or email me at yarrowp@...

        > Pat Yarrow

      • yarrowp
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2002
          Ted, after June 1 the rate goes up to $70 for members, $80 for
          nonmembers, $50 for students. I'm reading from the web, and
          yahoogroups truncated your email address. If you'll contact me
          privately I'll send you full details on everything as well as scans
          of the art we're using.

          Pat
          yarrowp@... yarrowp@ mscd.edu (I inserted a space after the @
          for those reading from web)

          --- In mythsoc@y..., tedsherman@c... wrote:
          > Pat,
          >
          > What will the rates be after June 1 (I'm putting together the Con
          > announcement for the next Mythlore and need this information).
          >
          > Ted
          > Dr. Theodore J. Sherman, Editor
          > Mythlore: A Journal of J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Charles
          Williams, and

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/