hostile sf/fantasy reviews

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2002
      If you haven't already looked at Shippey's collection of dopey reviews of Tolkien in J.R.R. TOLKIEN: AUTHOR OF THE 20TH CENTURY, they're worth a glance, along with his acid comments about early reviewers' failure to predict LotR's popularity & staying power.

      Pauline J. Alama
      THE EYE OF NIGHT
      (Bantam Spectra, July 2002)