Re: [mythsoc] Elves + Men

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2002
      Thanks, David! As a matter of fact, I read that very passage yesterday,
      after getting MORGOTH'S RING out from my university library -- along with a
      slew of other books I want to read to prepare for my Tolkien course this
      fall, but most of which I probably won't get to, since the bulk of our summer
      seems to be taken up with family visits.

      Eeek! I love my family, but I need two summers: one to visit and one to
      work.

      I'm feeling quite daunted, and have to keep reminding myself that if I only
      get the students to read LotR thoughtfully and carefully, and give them even
      some of the relevant background info, the semester will be a success. After
      all, I couldn't cover all of Tolkien's legendarium in one semester even if I
      *had* read everything . . . .

      Susan