Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien as visionary?

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2002
      If it isn't a joke, all the signers seem to be taking it as one. At least the
      polite ones are. The impolite ones, well, I can't even print their responses here.
      Let's just say they are calling the petition starter a fool and a jackass, and
      those are the polite forms of the words.

      People don't seem upset with the movie named "The Two Towers", they are upset with
      the revisionist history that nothing happened before 9-11 that can ever mention
      those words. Never mind the fact the the World Trade Center was the "Twin Towers".

      RIP Tolkien. The idiot is being shot down.

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

      Matthew Winslow wrote:

      > This has gotta be a joke. But I guess it's a sign of the times that I'm not
      > positive it is:

      Web addresses deleted for sanity's sake.
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2002
        Not funny. Anyone who would purport to be affected by 9/11 terrorism who did not directly lose someone in that act of war is exploiting the situation themselves, for a joke. While it is true that we were all emotionally affected, that in no way matches the loss of those who no longer have a family member with them at the dinner table. These "jokers" should be placed in a stock and subjected to thrown tomatoes at sunrise. Rotten ones. Aside from which their vast ignorance of JRRT is showing. ---djb