Re: [mythsoc] Dumb Newbie Question #592

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9 4:00 AM
      Margaret Dean wrote:

      >SusanPal@... wrote:
      >>
      >> Okay, so, where can I find the poem "Mythopoeia" printed?
      >
      >The one place I know for sure the whole poem is printed is in the
      >1992 Grafton edition of TREE AND LEAF (earlier editions of this
      >book don't have it; I don't know about later ones). This edition
      >also includes an introduction by Christopher Tolkien, which is
      >another point that may make it easier to identify to booksellers.

      "Mythopoeia" was first printed in full in the new British (Unwin Hyman)
      hardcover and paperback editions of _Tree and Leaf_ in 1988 and the
      American (Houghton Mifflin) edition in 1989. This is now out of print in
      the U.S., but in early 2001 HarperCollins UK reissued it, in paperback
      only, adding _The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth_; this is still available, e.g.
      from Amazon U.K.

      Wayne Hammond