Re: [mythsoc] Dumb Newbie Question #592

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2002
      SusanPal@... wrote:

      > Okay, so, where can I find the poem "Mythopoeia" printed?

      The one place I know for sure the whole poem is printed is in the
      1992 Grafton edition of TREE AND LEAF (earlier editions of this
      book don't have it; I don't know about later ones). This edition
      also includes an introduction by Christopher Tolkien, which is
      another point that may make it easier to identify to booksellers.

      Good luck!

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2002
        Thanks, Margaret!

        SP
      • Wayne G. Hammond
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9, 2002
          Margaret Dean wrote:

          >SusanPal@... wrote:
          >>
          >> Okay, so, where can I find the poem "Mythopoeia" printed?
          >
          >The one place I know for sure the whole poem is printed is in the
          >1992 Grafton edition of TREE AND LEAF (earlier editions of this
          >book don't have it; I don't know about later ones). This edition
          >also includes an introduction by Christopher Tolkien, which is
          >another point that may make it easier to identify to booksellers.

          "Mythopoeia" was first printed in full in the new British (Unwin Hyman)
          hardcover and paperback editions of _Tree and Leaf_ in 1988 and the
          American (Houghton Mifflin) edition in 1989. This is now out of print in
          the U.S., but in early 2001 HarperCollins UK reissued it, in paperback
          only, adding _The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth_; this is still available, e.g.
          from Amazon U.K.

          Wayne Hammond