More Sex and Death for the Kiddies, oh joy

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2002
      WendellWag@... wrote:

      > It took
      > > decades of "Star Trek" reruns to inspire a genre of "fan fiction," but just
      > >
      > > two years without a Harry Potter book.
      > >

      > It took less than a decade of _Star Trek_ reruns. There were already Star
      > Trek fanzines in the late '70's (and perhaps in the early '70's).

      The first Star Trek fanzine was published in September 1967. (See my
      book, Boldly Writing, at http://www.ftlpublications.com)

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2002
        The thought of Harry/Draco slashfic really turned my stomach (worse than a
        Bernie Botts snot flavour bean, that.)

        I very much share Susan's apprehensions.

        Diamond Proudbrook
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2002
          A websearch on "Malfoy, Potter, slash" turned up the following rather
          entertaining article

          http://www.salon.com/people/feature/2001/12/10/slash/?x

          Now shut up and kiss me, you wascally wabbit!

          Diamond Proudbrook