Re: [mythsoc] Quote query

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2002
      Not to discount the mighty power of Google, but the power of books is
      mightier. From one of them, I have confirmed that the quote is from
      Lewis's review of LOTR as a whole (to be distinguished from his review of
      Fellowship separately), titled "The Dethronement of Power" and published in
      "Time and Tide", Oct. 22, 1955. Both reviews are reprinted, together, in
      Lewis's "On Stories and Other Essays on Literature" and possibly elsewhere.

      David Bratman