Really Deep Pockets

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2002
      Couldn't resist, had to look it up. For "FIRST EDITION, SIGNED "JRR
      TOLKIEN" IN EACH VOLUME AND VOLUMES I AND III DATED "1954" AND "1955"
      FIRST IMPRESSION of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, comprising The
      Fellowship of the Ring (1954), The Two Towers (1954), and The Return of
      the King (1955)" the estimated price is $60K-$80K in US dollars. Ouch! A
      bit more pricey than your average Mythcon auction.

      Edith, still gasping
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2002
        OOH, I wants it, my precious!

        Lisa, going out to buy a lottery ticket <g>