Request for Readers

  • Marianne Dole
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2002
      Hello,

      I almost put "plea" in the subject line, but I thought that was a bit much.

      My idea to scan books has proved impractical. Far too expensive. I got
      Morgoth's Ring on an interlibrary loan yesterday, and my friend took one
      look and said, "It will take me at least ten hours to do this, and there are
      a lot of weird words in here!" She said that, not I! Anyway, this is all to
      say that I am requesting (pleading actually) for readers. I will gladly
      provide tapes, postage and even the book for anyone who might be interested.
      I'm especially interested in Tolkien's late writings, e.g., the last three
      books of The History of Middle-earth. If anyone likes reading aloud, and
      isn't daunted by Quenya, Sindarin, etc. (you notice I didn't say weird
      words), please contact me off list so as not to clutter things up. By the
      way, I am now officially a member, and my friend can scan Mythlore,
      Mythprint and any other publication of the society, so I don't need them
      read.

      Thank you very much for reading this unashamed plea!

      Mari