Well then here is a bit more Eliot -Williams talk[heresy anyone?]

  • ssigrist
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2002
      Friends,
      Well encouraged by Mary... though fearful will
      end up like Shaw saying 'I entirely agree with
      you madam but who are you and I against so many..'
      well but in case someone else liked it here is
      a bit more of the conversation as it unfolds
      maybe...
      for anyone interested in a bit of heresy:

      Williams speaking..

      "The Paulianists denied that the Word
      existed before Christmas, but since
      the world was made through the Word that
      is in effect to say that the world was
      made on Christmas Day, or perhaps it
      could be put that the world was but
      a dream until Mary's Fiat by which on
      that day, both Annunciation and Christmas,
      all became Real...but then that is not
      so very different from what we believe is it?
      0r at all? What do you say Tom?"

      "figlia del tuo figlio.. who then was Mary?"

      "Mary was the figure in the dream who did
      what none of Pirandello's six could do and
      that is find the word to turn dream to
      reality and all those camels and stars
      and shephards and all the elephants of
      Hannibal and Hippos of Herodatus which had
      been but figures in a bright painting now
      become fully Real..."

      "The words of waking being Fiat Voluntas Tua?"

      "0r maybe just one word...spelled some say
      Yod Ye Shin Vav He..." mused Williams.

      "But who was the dreamer," put in Eliot
      "God , like Carroll's Red King dreaming Alice?"

      "Well", said Williams, "you might say that...
      but is it not Adam who sleeping dreams first
      Eve and then all who come after through her.."

      "Until Eve dreams herself in Mary", Eliot
      said entering into it.

      "Precisely, that is what it would be isn't it?,
      and Mary the second Eve who completes
      dream and makes of it a world, bringing into
      Reality the 0ne who brought her into being
      in Dream... Come now Possum,
      does it sound so false this Christmas night?"

      "I think I, for one will have another gin and lime"
      said Eliot.

      "shall we not make that 'for two'?"

      "Yes, and then toddle off to bed ..."

      "Perchance to Wake.." said Williams.