It may be possible...

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 1999
      ... to read too much Tolkien. After coming back from Mythcon I decided to
      read the Silmarillion. It took quite a long time because I was
      concentrating very hard, looking things up in the glossary and on the map.
      When I was about 2/3 of the way through, I had the strangest dream. I
      dreamed I was writing a paper entitled And Then What Happened? which
      detailed the lives of everyone after the ending of the 3rd age. Of course,
      Tolkien gives us most of that, but I was consulting this huge atlas like
      book with bright pictures and lots of text. None of which I can remember,
      alas. My opinion on awakening, was: too much Tolkien.

      So yesterday I started re-reading the Lord of the Rings...

      MK