Peter Jackson/Charlie Rose

  • trudygshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2002
      This probably isn't news to many people here, but I just found out about the interview Charlie Rose did with Peter Jackson on his February 22 program. It's an hour long so has the chance to go into more depth than most interviews (and I've always thought Charlie Rose is especially good at talking with "creative types"). About halfway through, more or less, Jackson talks quite a bit about Tolkien and how they tried, in making the movie(s), to follow his lead in making it seem historical rather than "fantasy." (He goes into the "mythology for England" concept, among other things.) Most of the conversation, of course, is specifically about the movie.

      You have to use RealPlayer (not my favorite) to download the audio from the website:

      http://www.charlierose.com/archive2.shtm

      (Thanks to the PBS website for having a link to Charlie Rose's, which is now a separate site.)

      --Trudy