Re: [mythsoc] new guy impressed by hotel reccomendation

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2002
      In a message dated 4/18/2002 8:34:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      ssigrist@... writes:

      > well, so living near New York I see this
      > check it out tip for a hotel, go to the
      > Weekend special rates and find a room for...
      > $199 a day.
      > I am impressed by the wealth of my
      > new friends!

      Hey, for New York City, that's cheap!

      Welcome to the list! (Although we have our own brand of looniness, and in
      some respects this *is* a religious list . . . ;-))

      Susan

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2002
        Welcome, Bishop!

        Our accommodations are considerably more scholar-priced at our annual
        Mythopoeic Conferences. Let me be the first to invite you to Mythcon 34,
        July 25-28 2003, to be held at the Sackville-Baggins, oops I mean
        Scarritt-Bennett Center, in Nashville TN, under the shadow of Nashville's
        Parthenon.

        Room and board for three nights, two full days, will probably be held under
        $250 (I need to talk to the director of accommodations again).
        Air-conditioned rooms, semi-private bath. Beautiful campus-type surroundings.

        Our theme: "From Athena to Galadriel: the Image of the Wise Woman in
        Mythopoeic Fiction." (Cd you give us a paper?)

        About the rates for Mythcon 33, this year's, ("A Midsummer Night's Dream:
        Shakespeare and Fantasy") in Boulder CO, you can learn at the Society's
        website.

        Diamond Proudbrook
      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2002
          From: "ssigrist" <ssigrist@...>

          > Friends,
          > I'm new on the list...uh

          Welcome!

          > well, so living near New York I see this
          > check it out tip for a hotel, go to the
          > Weekend special rates and find a room for...
          > $199 a day.
          > I am impressed by the wealth of my
          > new friends!

          We weren't seriously recommending that people stay there -- it was just a
          fascinating concept that the list, as booklovers, would enjoy seeing! I
          agree with Matt -- I'll bet there's a waiting list for the erotic literature
          room.

          > +Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

          You and Ted Sherman should meet -- he and his wife named their newest baby
          Seraphim. (As you can guess, they're Eastern Orthodox, too.)

          Berni