Re: [mythsoc] new guy impressed by hotel reccomendation

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2002
      I wish! Well, we actually are spending a fortune and a half to stay at the
      Grand Californian at Disneyland (which is in the same price range), but
      that's a once in a lifetime trip (and we have this 13 year old son). See,
      we're spending some of the inheritance from the death of my father-in-law for
      some big family trips (he was 89, so he's missed but the death was expected).
      The rest is being invested for our retirement, which we may be able to afford
      to do some day.

      Don't think I'll ever be able to stay at the fancy NY hotel. But we can have
      Fantasies! It is after all a true bookaholics dream vacation!

      Mythically yours,
      Lisa

    • SusanPal@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2002
        In a message dated 4/18/2002 8:34:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        ssigrist@... writes:

        > well, so living near New York I see this
        > check it out tip for a hotel, go to the
        > Weekend special rates and find a room for...
        > $199 a day.
        > I am impressed by the wealth of my
        > new friends!

        Hey, for New York City, that's cheap!

        Welcome to the list! (Although we have our own brand of looniness, and in
        some respects this *is* a religious list . . . ;-))

        Susan

      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2002
          Welcome, Bishop!

          Our accommodations are considerably more scholar-priced at our annual
          Mythopoeic Conferences. Let me be the first to invite you to Mythcon 34,
          July 25-28 2003, to be held at the Sackville-Baggins, oops I mean
          Scarritt-Bennett Center, in Nashville TN, under the shadow of Nashville's
          Parthenon.

          Room and board for three nights, two full days, will probably be held under
          $250 (I need to talk to the director of accommodations again).
          Air-conditioned rooms, semi-private bath. Beautiful campus-type surroundings.

          Our theme: "From Athena to Galadriel: the Image of the Wise Woman in
          Mythopoeic Fiction." (Cd you give us a paper?)

          About the rates for Mythcon 33, this year's, ("A Midsummer Night's Dream:
          Shakespeare and Fantasy") in Boulder CO, you can learn at the Society's
          website.

          Diamond Proudbrook
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2002
            From: "ssigrist" <ssigrist@...>

            > Friends,
            > I'm new on the list...uh

            Welcome!

            > well, so living near New York I see this
            > check it out tip for a hotel, go to the
            > Weekend special rates and find a room for...
            > $199 a day.
            > I am impressed by the wealth of my
            > new friends!

            We weren't seriously recommending that people stay there -- it was just a
            fascinating concept that the list, as booklovers, would enjoy seeing! I
            agree with Matt -- I'll bet there's a waiting list for the erotic literature
            room.

            > +Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

            You and Ted Sherman should meet -- he and his wife named their newest baby
            Seraphim. (As you can guess, they're Eastern Orthodox, too.)

            Berni