"Wonder Women"

  • Douglas A. Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002
      David Bratman wrote:

      > In discussing the appearances of women writers in the Ballantine Adult
      > Fantasy (Unicorn's Head) series, Hand mentions some of the women authors
      > but not all. I believe that in fact all of the new books in that series
      > were by women, not just Joy Chant's Red Moon and Black Mountain (actually
      > reprint, but of a then-new book) and Evangeline Walton's three later
      > Mabinogion volumes, but also Sanders Anne Laubenthal's _Excalibur_ and the
      > original Deryni trilogy of Katherine Kurtz.

      Not quite, David, you're forgetting Poul Anderson's Hrolf Kraki's Saga, the
      two-in-one volume Double Phoenix, with novellas by Edmund Cooper and Roger
      Lancelyn Green, and (if a new translation counts) the Richard Hodgens
      Orlando Furioso. But you have listed all of the new books in the series by
      women.

      Doug A.