RE: [mythsoc] Tolkien & Shakespeare

  • Pauline J. Alama
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8 5:18 AM
      Tom Shippey's latest book comments on influence of Macbeth on Tolkien -- despite Tolkien's having once said he found the ending of Macbeth awfully disappointing because Birnam Wood didn't really march on Dunsinane, or something to that effect.

      Pauline J. Alama
      THE EYE OF NIGHT
      (Bantam Spectra, July 2002)