Re: [mythsoc] Moulin Rouge???

  • Paul F. Labaki
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
      I saw it on video the day before the Oscars. I found it to be an awful lot
      of fun. Nevertheless, I think I require a second viewing before I can say
      whether it was satisfying, or successful. I, like Susan, was greatly put
      off by the trailers and things I'd read about it. That's why I didn't see
      it in the theater. I rarely enjoy musicals, but I try to give things I
      don't like a new go every now and again, The farcical quality made it a
      very different type of musical than those of the golden age, which usually
      leave me scratching my head or are so sugary as to make my tummy hurt.

      Peace,
      Paul Labaki