Re: [mythsoc] Khazad-dum discussion group/name for cat

  • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2002
      Hello

      I'm not Edith either, but I did form the branch in January 1971, which makes me
      it's "Eldest" member <g>. I try to show up once or twice a year, to keep my
      membership "active".

      We originally formed at UC Santa Cruz which has a lot of caves underneath it
      (spelunking is actually a course there and Physical Geology is popular too) thus
      the reference to Khazad-Dum. We use the Door for our banner. When I moved up to
      San Francisco, I formed a branch there, too and some friends from Santa Cruz
      would come up to the meetings. There was once a branch in Berkeley. Everyone
      attended everyone elses meetings and as the branches grew smaller, we kinda
      collapsed together with Khazad-Dum being name for all of it since it was the
      oldest branch.

      Again, if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, we do have our meeting
      information on the web at www.mythsoc.org and Edith will be glad to add you to a
      e-mail meeting information list.

      Mythically yours,

      Lisa