ADMIN: Avoiding Yahoo Ads

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      I received a message on another group about receiving ads from Yahoo and
      how to avoid it:

      Yahoo has just made a sneaky change to everybody's 'Marketing
      Preferences',
      the result of which will be a load of spam. To change them back here's
      what
      you
      need to do to avoid all the ads.

      Go to My Groups and click on Account Info, verify your password if it
      asks
      you to, and your Yahoo ID card comes up. Click on 'Edit your Marketing
      Preferences' and change all those Yes's back to No's! Click Save
      Changes.

      Don't forget the address and phone number at the bottom of that list too
      or they will call or mail you things.