Gaiman's STARDUST

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 1999
      In a message dated 08/09/1999 1:06:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
      ninzian@... writes:

      > certainly nothing I'd
      > blush to let my daughters read.

      Well, =I= went back and looked... I don't know how old Nin's daughters are,
      but what goes on between Dunstan and the fairy wench on pp. 27 and 28 is not
      something I would put in the hands of children, myself. It's just too
      graphic, too acrobatic, too - everything.

      Curiosity time. A scene like this might be quite all right in art (or, of
      course, not). Is there an "illustrated version" of this novel, or is the
      illustrated version a full-scale "graphic novel," aka comic book? Anyway, I
      have only seen the text version.

      I think Nin is right that I should re-read STARDUST, however. As a member of
      the MFA committee, I remember feeling simply o.d.'ed on fantasy after plowing
      through so many books on the long list from which our final ballot of five is
      selected.

      Mary S
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 1999
        In a message dated 08/12/1999 7:58:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        > what goes on between Dunstan and the fairy wench on pp. 27 and 28 i

        Correction, pp. 25 and 26.