Re: MythCon/BreeMoot papers

  • Steve Schaper
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 1999
      Speaking of BreeMoot papers, is _Beyond Bree_ still published?

      --Steve
      ======================================
      It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
      ======================================
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
        MacOffice98 products supposedly have the same file format as WinOffice97, though
        occasionally there may be some tricky things with fonts not being exactly the
        same (this has nothing to do with MS Office, but the respective OSs & fonts
        loaded on the systems), or some file-naming conventions might be a problem, or
        use of some truly arcane features, probably not employed by 99% of users. Of
        course the Win machine probably can't read a Mac-formatted disk (but the Macs
        can read & write Win-formatted disks). In our library, where we have a couple
        dozen of each platform, and about a dozen copies of Office, in both flavors, for
        use of our students & staff, we have not found any difficulties in transferring
        users from one platform to the other or Office- (and that mostly means Word-) 97
        to 98. Someone can work on a paper on a Mac in the morning, and come back and
        use a Windows machine in the afternoon (as long as they're using a
        Windows-formatted diskette). Office 97 & 98 are essentially the same program,
        with only minor feature differences. Both versions can also read most older
        versions files, though when you get to reading old WordPerfect or other
        word-processor files things get a lot more complicated, and an RTF file is
        safer.

        Responding to the message of <37B2334E.3B475D00@...>
        from mythsoc@onelist.com:

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
          Responding to the message of <v04210106b3d7f535f834@[24.2.204.60]>
          from mythsoc@onelist.com:

          > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
          >
          > Speaking of BreeMoot papers, is _Beyond Bree_ still published?
          >
          > --Steve
          most definitely! You can find the web-page with subscription info from the Bree
          Moot site. (Substitute BreeMoot for OnceUponATime in the URL in my Signature
          file, below).
        • THEODORE SHERMAN
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
            Thanks, David, for that very helpful information. So you Macies, send 'em on!

            Ted

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
              FWIW, RTF and HTML are far more common and translatable formats than
              Microsoft's multitude of formats, which don't always translate well
              even from one version of Word to another.

              --Steve

              "Often I find evangelicals playing games with the first half of
              Genesis. But if you remove a true, historic, space-time fall, the
              answers are finished. It is not only that historic, Biblical
              Christianity as it stands in the stream of history is gone, but every
              answer we possess in the area of morals in the area of man and his
              dilemma, is gone."

              Dr. Francis Schaeffer, _He is There and He is Not Silent_ pg. 35