Re: MythCon/BreeMoot papers

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 1999
      > From: Eleanor Farrell <emfarrell@...>
      >
      > Ted,
      >
      > >I am especially interested in Ellie Farrell's "Arthur Lite," David
      > >Bratman's "Top 10 Plots," and Dwayne Thorpe's "Mapping Desires" papers.
      >
      > I'm flattered.... and you got it (just as soon as I update my "filmography"
      > reference section...). Will Word '98 for Mac file do, or is "text only"
      > better?
      >
      > Ellie

      You may be flattered, Ellie, but I'm tickled <insert the color of your
      choice>. Yours was the paper I most regretted having to miss. Ted's
      going to do what Glen never could -- get me to read Mythlore!

      Berni
    • Steve Schaper
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 1999
        Speaking of BreeMoot papers, is _Beyond Bree_ still published?

        --Steve
        ======================================
        It's 1999, where's Moonbase Alpha?
        ======================================
      • David Lenander
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
          MacOffice98 products supposedly have the same file format as WinOffice97, though
          occasionally there may be some tricky things with fonts not being exactly the
          same (this has nothing to do with MS Office, but the respective OSs & fonts
          loaded on the systems), or some file-naming conventions might be a problem, or
          use of some truly arcane features, probably not employed by 99% of users. Of
          course the Win machine probably can't read a Mac-formatted disk (but the Macs
          can read & write Win-formatted disks). In our library, where we have a couple
          dozen of each platform, and about a dozen copies of Office, in both flavors, for
          use of our students & staff, we have not found any difficulties in transferring
          users from one platform to the other or Office- (and that mostly means Word-) 97
          to 98. Someone can work on a paper on a Mac in the morning, and come back and
          use a Windows machine in the afternoon (as long as they're using a
          Windows-formatted diskette). Office 97 & 98 are essentially the same program,
          with only minor feature differences. Both versions can also read most older
          versions files, though when you get to reading old WordPerfect or other
          word-processor files things get a lot more complicated, and an RTF file is
          safer.

          Responding to the message of <37B2334E.3B475D00@...>
          from mythsoc@onelist.com:

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
            Responding to the message of <v04210106b3d7f535f834@[24.2.204.60]>
            from mythsoc@onelist.com:

            > From: Steve Schaper <sschaper@...>
            >
            > Speaking of BreeMoot papers, is _Beyond Bree_ still published?
            >
            > --Steve
            most definitely! You can find the web-page with subscription info from the Bree
            Moot site. (Substitute BreeMoot for OnceUponATime in the URL in my Signature
            file, below).
          • THEODORE SHERMAN
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
              Thanks, David, for that very helpful information. So you Macies, send 'em on!

              Ted

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 1999
                FWIW, RTF and HTML are far more common and translatable formats than
                Microsoft's multitude of formats, which don't always translate well
                even from one version of Word to another.

                --Steve

                "Often I find evangelicals playing games with the first half of
                Genesis. But if you remove a true, historic, space-time fall, the
                answers are finished. It is not only that historic, Biblical
                Christianity as it stands in the stream of history is gone, but every
                answer we possess in the area of morals in the area of man and his
                dilemma, is gone."

                Dr. Francis Schaeffer, _He is There and He is Not Silent_ pg. 35