Re: [mythsoc] And speaking of inserting oneself (or something) into the book...

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2002
      tgshaw@... writes:

      > The combination of campiness, interesting and even serious specfic notions (
      > often more fantasy than sci-fi), relatively developed characters, and [i]
      > really bad[/i] special effects is endearing somehow.

      I'm a Tom Baker [later to be an excellent Puddleglum] Dr. Who fan myself,
      plus I loved his wild, deadly but rather short-lived in episode terms
      "companion" Leela. And as for those effects, there was an episode I dimly
      remember in which the chief danger was posed by vegetable creatures who
      looked like huge clumps of grass but would roll right over you and "git" you.

      I called it, "Attack of the Dreaded Shredded Wheat People."

      Diamond Proudbrook