anti globalization too

  • odzer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2002
      from letter no 53

      "The bigger things get the smaller and duller or flatter the globe
      gets. It is getting to be all one blasted little provincial
      suburb. When they have introduced American sanitation, morale-pep,
      feminism, and mass production throughout the Near East, Middle
      East, Far East, U.S.S.R., the Pampas, el Gran Chaco, the Danubian
      Basin, Equatorial Africa, Hither Further and Inner Mumbo-land,
      Gondhwanaland, Lhasa, and the villages of darkest Berkshire, how
      happy we shall be. ... May the curse of Babel strike all their
      tongues till they can say only 'baa baa'. It would mean much the
      same. ... I do find this Americo-cosmopolitanism very terrifying."

      -JRR Tolkien

      submitted for your interest,

      John Potts
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2002
        In a message dated 03/08/02 4:29:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, odzer@...
        writes:

        > I do find this Americo-cosmopolitanism very terrifying."

        If he could see us now, do you think he'd be further horrified or more like,
        ha ha serves them right? What a bizarre place the US of A can be.

        Lizzie