CS Lewis confirms Drunken Hobbit Principle

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2002
      Reading the LETTERS I find him writing of a certain ill-starred walking tour:

      "Barfield and I dropped behind and began composing in Pope-ian couplets a
      satire on the people who arrange walking tours. Nothing cd have been
      happier. At a stroke every source of irritation was magically changed into a
      precious fragment of 'copy.' " - to his brother, 26 April 1927

      Diamond Proudbrook