Re: [mythsoc] Jackson/Contamination

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 5, 2002
      In a message dated 3/5/2002 11:09:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      sheik@... writes:

      > One
      > of the great joys of the written word is it allows the reader to experience
      > thoughts and emotions experienced by the characters which the reader might
      > otherwise never experience in the primary world.

      Yes, exactly.

      > I've never wanted to insert myself in stories I'm reading.

      But you've just described the process of doing precisely that -- the process
      by which YOU (not remote, distanced literary creations) acquire primary
      experience by reading the text.

      We're talking about the same thing here -- honest.

      Susan

    • etades@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 11, 2002
        In a message dated 3/7/02 6:26:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, Stolzi@...
        writes:

        << > What's PCA? Peer Counseling Anonymous?

        Presbyterian Church in America... >>

        Patient Controlled Analgesia