Re: [mythsoc] battle lines

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
      Do the news stories say anything about the John Boorman film other than the
      fact that it has a medieval setting? (And, for what it's worth, I liked
      _Excalibur_.)

      Wendell Wagner
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
        Speaking of Excalibur, on one of my rare customer service
        trips
        into the DVD section of the store, I noticed we had a 2dvd
        set, Excalibur
        and Ladyhawke for $22.99 It must be available at other stores,
        I'd think.
        Almost enough to make me go buy a DVD player.

      • Sweet & Tender Hooligan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
          > Excalibur and Ladyhawke for $22.99 It must be
          > available at other stores, I'd think. Almost
          > enough to make me go buy a DVD player.

          FWIW, you can get both DVDs for a total of $19.78 (shipping included) from
          DeepDiscountDVD.com. And you should buy a dvd player anyway. :)

          -

          s&th
          cirhsein@...

          "There are more of them than us."
          - Herb Caen
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
            From: "Bill" <lunacy2@...>

            > ...I noticed we had a 2dvd set, Excalibur
            > and Ladyhawke for $22.99 It must be available at other stores,
            > I'd think.
            > Almost enough to make me go buy a DVD player.

            If you can afford it, it's worth it. They really do have excellent picture
            quality and so many DVDs have interesting additional material on them in
            addition to the movie -- I feel I get more bang for my buck. We bought a
            DVD player when the local Blockbuster seemed to be carrying more movies on
            DVD than on VHS.

            Berni