battle lines

  • Jeremy Robinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
      From Jeremy Robinson

      I see from the Hollywood trade papers that John Boorman's going into battle
      again this summer, shooting another mediaeval, knightly movie (no doubt pushed
      along by LOTR's success).
      Just hope it's not going to be as naff and camp as 'Excalibur'!
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
        Do the news stories say anything about the John Boorman film other than the
        fact that it has a medieval setting? (And, for what it's worth, I liked
        _Excalibur_.)

        Wendell Wagner
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
          Speaking of Excalibur, on one of my rare customer service
          trips
          into the DVD section of the store, I noticed we had a 2dvd
          set, Excalibur
          and Ladyhawke for $22.99 It must be available at other stores,
          I'd think.
          Almost enough to make me go buy a DVD player.

        • Sweet & Tender Hooligan
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
            > Excalibur and Ladyhawke for $22.99 It must be
            > available at other stores, I'd think. Almost
            > enough to make me go buy a DVD player.

            FWIW, you can get both DVDs for a total of $19.78 (shipping included) from
            DeepDiscountDVD.com. And you should buy a dvd player anyway. :)

            -

            s&th
            cirhsein@...

            "There are more of them than us."
            - Herb Caen
          • Berni Phillips
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2002
              From: "Bill" <lunacy2@...>

              > ...I noticed we had a 2dvd set, Excalibur
              > and Ladyhawke for $22.99 It must be available at other stores,
              > I'd think.
              > Almost enough to make me go buy a DVD player.

              If you can afford it, it's worth it. They really do have excellent picture
              quality and so many DVDs have interesting additional material on them in
              addition to the movie -- I feel I get more bang for my buck. We bought a
              DVD player when the local Blockbuster seemed to be carrying more movies on
              DVD than on VHS.

              Berni