Re: [mythsoc] Happy Aragorn's birthday

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
      From: "Bill" <lunacy2@...>

      > Curse of Chalion was voted #1 on the 2001 Reader's Poll on
      > the SF Site.
      > http://www.sfsite.com/

      Curious. I nominated _Curse of Chalion_ for the MFA, but I thought it the
      least of the 5 books which I nominated. Two other books on SF Site's top 10
      list were on my nomination list and I thought them both much better than
      _Curse of Chalion_. These were Tim Powers' _Declare_, which they ranked #7,
      and Neil Gaiman's _American Gods_, which was in their #3 spot. The other
      books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those books/authors I am aware of
      (read reviews or talked to people who have read them) are not things I would
      think I would enjoy or think highly of.

      Berni
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
        The Gaiman books was the only other one in the
        Top 10 I had read or nominated. I was surprised
        deLint's Onion Girl didn't make the list.

        #3 spot. The other books on their top 10 I hadn't read, and those